JOY, PEACE, MOTIVATION, INSPIRATION, FULFILMENT, GRATITUDE, CREATIVITY, FREEDOM & LOVE…at ACT OUT we wish you bucketfuls in 2013!!!
It has been a most successful year for ACT OUT, in brief:
- We worked with some wonderful new clients this year including JP Kenny, The Department of Health, the WA Institute of Sport, Next Step, the Pilbarra Health Network and the HALO Leadership Development College;
- We received federal funding from FAHCSIA and over the last 5 months we completed our second fully funded Forum Theatre project with the amazing young Aboriginal men from HALO on violence against women and its effect on children, with performances in Katanning, Northam and Narrogin as well as in the Perth metropolitan area;
- We joined the SPACECUBED social enterprise community and now have prime office space on St George’s Terrace, in the city – YEY!!;
- Our association with Integral Development has strengthened and with the Integral 360 Profile coaching accreditation under my belt we will be offering this (through Integral Development) as a service to clients in 2013!
- It was a great pleasure to present at the Creative Communities Conference in Surfer’s Paradise and the Asia-Pacific Foresight Conference in Perth as well as at one of the National Speakers Association of Australia meetings earlier in the year and at the White Ribbon Day Pledge at Warnbro Community High School, promoting Act Out’s innovative and engaging approach to community and organisational development & transformation;
- Our team this year included the wonderful James Gill, the super talented Rebecca Garlett and Michael Smith, the amazing videographer Mia Holton and the one and only anthropologist and organisational superstar Alex Wilson; on the sidelines we have had the support of web designer Gabriel Mata and Graphic Designers Tanya Kanner and Amanda Rainey – thank you all!;
- It was also a great pleasure to work very closely with Hannah Fitzhardinge and once again with Ron Cacioppe from Integral Development – there is always so much learning when synergy occurs and I look forward to much more in 2013;
- AND… just in case you are interested and I am thrilled about this… I have almost completed my PhD! Just a couple of months of writing to go (Act Out will be on minor duties over the next couple of months) and I look forward to sharing my research on what it takes to be a transformative social practitioner.
Thank you ALL for a great year – your support, encouragement and trust are what keeps this social enterprise growing and contributing – we look forward to continuing to assist individuals, organisations and communities in transforming difficult challenges into great opportunities.
With warmest regards and a huge bucket of gratitude,